Friday, September 12, 2008

Sept. 11th

I meant to do this post yesterday but by the time I sat down to do it, it just wasn't going to sound the way I wanted it to.

I was so proud when my kids came home from school and their teachers had told them why we had flags out. I was so glad that they talked about it. I remember what was happening that day and the worry we had for friends in the DC area. I remember the overwhelming sadness associated with the images of the towers falling. I am proud to be an American. I am so grateful for the freedom I have to worship as I choose and to have the right to write this now. As I was watching the Olympics and heard all of the restrictions placed on the Chinese I felt sad for them. I am glad we have open information. I feel blessed we can speak our minds and take our government to task. I am thankful for a country with a long history of heroes who stood up for what was right. Starting with our founding fathers. Some were not popular for what they were doing but they pressed on with much opposition to provide us the freedoms we have now. There have been many from that time on that have had to fight to protect our rights. I am so grateful for those who gave all they had, some their lives that we all might have the freedoms we take for granted each day. Sept 11th reminded us what makes America great. It reminded us not to take anything for granted. That there is evil out there willing to do whatever they have to, to make us forget this is the greatest nation and we are truly blessed by God to be American.

No comments: