Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Grateful

I've been thinking a lot lately about all those times when people were there for me. Sometimes random people sometimes people I know. It's always like an answer to prayers. There have been times when these moments are the times I am about to cry because I don't know what to do next and someone will come up and ask me if I need something and proceed to help me. There is one day I remember that a bunch of totally random people helped me and I was really in need of it. I was all alone and far from home. I haven't seen any of them since and I never had a chance to tell them how much I appreciated their help. I probably won't get that chance ever, but I am grateful just the same. I wonder if these people, ten years later, have given their deeds another thought. While I have thought about it a lot over the last ten years.
I also have been blessed with fabulous friends that seem to always be there when I need them. I hope you know who you are, but if you are reading this you probably are one of them. Most of the time you were just my shoulder to cry on (we all know I can cry and obsess). You didn't judge or criticize you have just been my friend. I just wanted to let everyone know I think of your acts often. I appreciate you all, you have been my angels and answers to my prayers.
I wonder how many times we do the ordinary, and it is the extraordinary to someone else. How quickly we discount our importance to others because we don't see the good we do and are.
Thank you all. Now go and do something great, or maybe just tell someone you appreciate them.

No comments: