Thursday, March 24, 2011

House part 2

I'm not sure if I'll get to the entire house but a few of my favorites at least.



This is a corner in my family room where I work on my jewelry.






The second peice of vinyl in my house. I cut a customers job the wrong size so rather than waste it and let it sit in my cast offs to use one day, where it usually gets bent. I decided to stick it on the wall.






I have to sneak this in because it is how I pass on the creative gene to my kids. This is their homework/art table. The folders on the desk were covered with papers they picked. There is one folder for notes and one for papers to go back to school, for each kid.
The bins have pens, markers, and other art supplies tucked away so no one can see them. The paper ream in mounted under the cabinet so they can get drawing paper when they need it.







My master bathroom is one of my favorite colors. This is one of the most relaxing rooms in the house. I love this room. I also used a framed mirror to add some sophistication.
For my birthday I was given some money and I was so excited when I saw these canisters, because it is rare that I find something inexpensive that I have the money for at the time. My realtor suggested that I put three black frames up above the bed. After buying the frames I realized I had to find something to go in them and that made it cost more than I wanted it to. While shopping for my canisters, I saw a plaque carved of wood that I loved but it was $25 and I needed three. Not cost effective, so I had to think of something. I tried to draw something and then I found a technique on a blog for stenciling http://vintagerevivals.blogspot.com/2010/07/seizure-wall-not-really.html
(next I need to learn how to make that just a word not a crazy link address) It gave me an idea and I ended up just making a vinyl sticker and putting it on the wall. Because I do this and have the supplies, I was able to do it cheaply and I didn't have to use my own drawing that wasn't going well and was taking tons of time. Yay! I love how it turned out. Now my whole room is pulled together and looks great. I love going in there.
Tomorrow, my jewelry projects.

2 comments:

Sharrie LeFevre Nelson said...

I LOVE the color of your bedroom walls! It looks so classy with the black/white toile, and the vinyl really pulls it together. I had no idea that you were so talented in design and color! I'm very impressed.

BTW- what is the name of the paint color and where did you get it?

Jaime said...

The color of my bedroom walls is Crystal Springs by Porter