Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I'm ahead of the trend






Today in the mail I got a Potterybarn catalog. As I was flipping through the pages I saw they had a room they had done with a denim paint look. I experimented with the technique when I did my first nursery. When I was expecting my second child we built our house. I knew I wanted my boy nursery to be denim and stars so I painted my son's room using this technique. That was eight years ago. I tried to find a picture on Potterybarn's website but couldn't find one but here's mine.






I've never finished the bedspread...I know, slacker. I don't always get to all the projects I'd like to.

This is the upclose. I added stitches too with stencil tape.


People always think it's wall paper when they see it. Nope! I painted it all by myself. And I did it before Potterybarn. =)

1 comment:

Kim said...

that's awesome! You are talented my girl!