Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I love fall because it means winter. I know it is so weird to say it but I love winter. I love snowstorms and sitting inside watching them. I like to drive in snow. I think winter is peaceful, for the most part. The only thing is I am feeling so busy this fall. I don't really know why but it seems that the prelude to the holidays is just as busy. Maybe it's all of the family birthdays and this year blessings and baptisms put into the mix. With all of the craziness I am feeling the need to simplify everything. I am not sure why. The news of the world coming apart I think fuels this need (although I think most of it is just hype because of the election) I don't take enough time to focus on what is really important. I get too wrapped up in the tasks of the day and forget to enjoy it and the things the kids do. Life is meant to be a journey and I find I don't take enough time to enjoy my blessings. So, to help me with this I am challenging myself to count my blessings.
1. children, this one is hard to enjoy sometimes
2. A home to live in.
3. A family
4. Friends
5. Means to provide the nessesities
6. I live in a country where I enjoy freedoms
7. I can pray to my God whenever I want
8. I can teach my children the gospel
9. I can stay home with my kids
10. I can choose what I would like to do with my life.

Ok, so now you post yours.

No comments: